There’s so much focus on taking care of the body that many of us forget that spiritual wellbeing is equally important. Practicing mindfulness and other similar techniques can help to provide greater clarity in a busy life.
Pausing allows you to get in touch with your body and emotions. Notice your thoughts and feelings – and then notice how your body responds to them.
Ask yourself, ‘What am I feeling right now? Am I anxious? Where in my body does that anxiety sit?’
Live with Purpose
- Know and celebrate your skills and talents
- Discover your personal values
- Engage with stories that touch you deeply
- Seek experiences that allow you to respond soulfully
- Use every day to fulfil the dream of who you want to become
- Live your life with clear intention
Make your Mark
- What legacy would you like to leave through being alive?
- At the end of every day, reflect on how you have inspired someone
- We learn by reflecting on our experiences – so make time to reflect
- Cultivate daily discipline in order to achieve spiritual wellness
5 Tips to Rekindle your Spirit
- Take time out. Nurture your soul. Walk in the park, visit someone who is lonely, marvel at the night skies lit with billions of stars.
- Have a ritual. Set aside time to meditate, or listen to uplifting music. Talk to inspiring people. Read books that give you fresh perspective.
- Keep learning. Learn from your mistakes and celebrate your successes. Commit to your personal growth with programmes like Habit or HeartMath.
- Know yourself. Your values and beliefs are your guides, and knowing and trusting them will take you where you want to be.
- Be authentic. Demonstrate your deepest being. Don’t be pressured to fit in with people who don’t resonate with you.