Often there is confusion about what mental health means. Many people immediately start thinking about severe conditions like chronic depression and personality disorders – but there are other factors that create feelings of anxiety and worry, that may impact our mental and emotional wellbeing.
Everyone has “mental health” and this can be thought of in terms of:
- How we feel about ourselves and the people around us
- Our ability to take care of ourselves physically, emotional
- Our capacity to take care of our financial needs
- Having the strength to overcome the difficulties and challenges we can all face at times
- Being mentally healthy is also about believing in ourselves and having the confidence to make good decisions.
It is quite normal to experience stress and feel worried when things don’t go as you hope- The most common involve work, money matters and relationships with partners, children or other family members. Everyone faces pressure at certain times, and sometimes even a moderate level of stress makes us perform better, but stress is only healthy if it is short –lived. Excessive or prolonged stress can lead to physical illness and emotional exhaustion- which can eventually lead to mental illness
How we live now has a big impact on our quality of life in the future
Improving your mental health can be simple. Follow the quick registration process for MYPLAN to discover your Lifestyle Score and access a range of health tools and resources to help you understand and manage your health and wellbeing. Our goal is to support you with motivational holistic coaching, personalised plans, empowering you to make better choices so you can live a happier, healthier life.